Who we are
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance. BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 2 million users across 9 countries in Europe. It’s first app, BUX X, oﬀers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant ‘in app’ community. With the introduction of BUX Zero, BUX is bringing commission-free investing to all, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about through an intuitive, easy-to-use app. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital.
We're looking for a Product Owner to lead our Trading team which builds and maintains BUX's core stock brokerage infrastructure. This team is at the heart of everything we do because their systems are responsible for actually processing customers' orders to buy and sell stock.
Your goal as the Product Owner for this team will be to improve trade execution capabilities, maintain high performance and develop new investing features (e.g. the ability to buy a fraction of very expensive shares). Reporting to the COO, you will work directly with the operations, business intelligence, back-office, and client engineering teams to coordinate development activities.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Truly own the product. This means: use it, analyze it, think about it, talk about it, improve it, test it, and love it;
- Proactively gather feedback and requirements from internal teams (Operations, Back-Office, Compliance etc.) and external trading partners to develop and maintain the product roadmap for your team;
- Coordinate the release cycle using the Scrum framework;
- Support the Trading development team in delivering the highest possible quality and performance;
- Monitor product analytics (stability, performance, etc.) and take action to reach and maintain them at required levels.
WHAT IS A CHERRY ON TOP?
- Latest and greatest tech equipment — choose what you like;
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Office in the heart of Amsterdam (10-minute walk from Centraal Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan;
- BUX pension scheme.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager, preferably for a team of back-end developers;
- Knowledge of the financial markets is a plus but not a requirement;
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and execution skills;
- Experience and knowledge of Agile principles and the Scrum framework;
- Proven experience working with JIRA and other similar tools;
- Strong team player;
- Self-starter and eager to work in a startup;
- Comfortable in an English-speaking work environment.