Product Owner (Mobile)
Who we are
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance. We are disrupting the traditional trading experience with technology to help new generations of investors discover the financial markets for the first time.
Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets more accessible for 2.5 million users across 9 countries in Europe. Our first app, BUX X, offers short-term, leveraged CFD trading and a vibrant ‘in app’ community. Our second app BUX Zero, enables commission-free mid and long-term investing through an intuitive, easy-to-use app. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital.
We're looking for an experienced Mobile Product Owner to lead BUX X, our mobile app for short-term, leveraged CFD trading. As a Product Manager, you will drive product strategy and execution. You will:
- Collaborate with the Head of Growth to develop product strategy and then drive prioritization and execution
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to understand user needs and market opportunities
- Translate user needs into a compelling roadmap
- Define new features, create user stories and lead a dedicated scrum team of developers, a data scientist and a designer to deliver results in 2-week sprints.
- Work closely with external vendors and other internal departments such as marketing and operations to ensure successful product releases.
- Monitor product analytics and proactively take action to reach and maintain them at required levels.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner for a consumer-facing native mobile application
- Prior experience working very closely with UX designers and mobile developers to take new features from ideation through launch and iteration
Strategic. You go beyond day-to-day execution to develop product strategy and develop a compelling value proposition for your target audience
Strong communicator and leader. You communicate ideas clearly and inspire your scrum team to set ambitious goals and deliver high-quality results.
Customer centric. You identify non-obvious customer needs through research, and turn these into well-defined problems for your team to tackle
Proactive. You are a self-starter with a can-do mentality. You identify problems and take action with minimal guidance.
- Prior experience with managing backlogs, writing user stories, sprint planning, retrospectives and other aspects of scrum workflow
- Comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
The cherry on the top
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan
- BUX pension scheme
- Office in the heart of Amsterdam (10-minute walk from Centraal Station)
- Margy’s famous lunches
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- Bi-weekly hackathons, weekly drinks and other fun company events