Who we are
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance. BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 2 million users across 9 countries in Europe. It’s first app, BUX X, oﬀers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant ‘in app’ community. With the introduction of BUX Zero, BUX is bringing commission-free investing to all, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about through an intuitive, easy-to-use app. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Finch Capital and Initial Capital.
BUX is looking for a ‘hybrid’ copywriter who can wear two hats and masterfully write both UX and marketing copy.
Your primary responsibility will be UX copy. As a UX copywriter, you understand what drives our users. You can write a witty headline, add personality to descriptions, and identify the right words to accompany our users through the different flows in our apps. You will collaborate with designers, product owners and localization team to create user-centric experiences with elegant text for app screens, emails, push notifications, FAQ pages etc. Your work will help users successfully use our mobile apps and have fun doing it!
Your secondary responsibility will be marketing copy. As a marketing copywriter, you are creative and always curious about what makes people adopt a product. Working on marketing materials is familiar ground to you. Through your words, you will communicate BUX’s vision to the world and convince prospective customers to download our apps. Your work will take the form of marketing emails, push notifications, social media ads, App Store / Play Store pages, website copy etc.
- Work closely with Product Designers and Product Owners in the early stages of feature development. You define content requirements and strategy to best achieve our goals.
- Write copy that helps users interact with the app in a meaningful way. Your copy is helpful, human and straightforward (in line with the BUX brand).
- Give and get feedback on design and content, observe user research, and constantly iterate on interface copy.
- Work closely with Localization, making sure to provide enough conceptual context for appropriate and culturally relevant translation/transcreation of your copy.
- Collaborate with Localization and Brand teams on the creation of terminology and style guides, best practices and processes.
- Your primary focus will be on UX copy creation for both of our apps.
- You will also be involved in the creation of marketing content (website, emails AppStore content, performance marketing ads etc.). For this, you will work with marketing specialists to develop and execute a marketing strategy through your copy.
- Be an advocate for brand standards, style and tone of voice.
What we’re looking for:
Note: Please provide BUX with a portfolio of prior work that demonstrates your mastery of UX copywriting along with your application.
- You are a native English language speaker and stellar writer. An additional language is an asset (preferred but not essential).
- Minimum 2 years prior experience writing UX copy for a consumer mobile application.
- You have some experience writing copy for marketing campaigns.
- You have experience working with brand guidelines. You can adopt BUX’s tone of voice and bring our brand values to life through your copy.
- You thrive in an international environment and are aware of existing cultural sensitivities and specifics. This strongly influences your copywriting as you are able to create content that is a great starting point for Localization.
- As an advocate for delivering the best user experience, your mindset screams UX.
- You understand that the devil lies in the details, and therefore, you are always on the lookout for those subtle tweaks that result in big improvements.
- You are driven by creativity and data and are always interested in finding out what will improve user engagement and retention.
- Last but not least: as a real team player, you have the ability to work cross-functionally with BUX creatives, UX teams, Localization and Operations.